Finding your iPhone's / iPod touch's Unique Identifier (UDID)
You have been referred to this page so that we can provide software to you that will run on your iPhone / iPod touch. To send you this software, we need a special number from your device so that we can issue the software to run on your device. This page tells you how to obtain this number.
What is a UDID?
Each iPhone or iPod touch has a Unique Deivce Identifier (UDID), which is a sequence of 40 letters and numbers that is unique to your device. It is similar to a serial number. It will look something like this: bdd5e84c185d37fcc7eb7dde24b00296d9560282
Why do we need the UDID?
Your device can only install programs that are approved by Apple, we require your UDID so that we can approve your device with Apple to be able to use our software. The software will not run on any devices that we have not pre-approved with Apple.
How do I get my UDID?
The easiest way to send us your UDID is to email it directly to us from your device by using Ad Hoc Helper, a free app available on the App Store.
If the above link doesn't work for you, please tap the "App Store" icon on your device, then tap "Search" and type in "Ad Hoc Helper", and hit the "Search" button. Choose "Ad Hoc Helper", and tap the "FREE" button, this will change to "INSTALL" and tap again. Enter your iTunes information as requested and the app will download.
Now tap the app (UDID AdHoc), and it will launch an email with your UDID information filled in, please fill in the "To:" with the email address of the person who sent you this link and tap "Send".
An alternative message to obtain your UDID, is directly from iTunes. To do this:
- Launch iTunes and connect your iPhone / iPod touch
- In the left hand pane, find your device under "DEVICES" and click on it.
- Locate the information about your iPhone / iPod touch, including it's name, capacity, software version and serial number under the "Summary" tab.
- Reveal the hidden "Identifier", by clicking on the words "Serial Number:"
- Copy the identifier to your clipboard, by typing CMD-c (on Mac), or CTRL-c (on Windows).
- Paste this number into an email addressed to the person who sent you this link and send.